Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Phone are you currently using? You may select more than one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Well to me being heavy exudes a brick. Not the size of the phone. Samsung may use plastic ,...though it is Polycarbonate which is real strong plastic, ...it is how NFC works. It wont work with a metal or aluminum back and other than the plastic back, it is a well built phone. Then add that HTC being a well built phone,...(though ive seen some falling apart) some here are saying HTC doesnt work well as a whole. It is made in Taiwan i believe. Not the best rep for good quality.
Id assume some HTC's do work well and im trying to decide between a HTC Radar or a Lumia 710(Both w/ Windows 7.5). The Lumia i just dont really like that one long physical button but it is a Nokia and i can get a 2000 mAh battery for it on ebay(business edition) for $15-20 without needing to alter the back cover. It will fit in there. But , ....i dont need anything real fancy, i just want a Windows phone to mess with (im really starting to like it) and it has everything i need even though i cant replace the battery or extend the memory. That said, the Radar is cheaper on eBay so ill probably go that route.

Honestly I haven't experienced any of the QC issues that some people are claiming like poor wifi reception, Bluetooth or screen separation. I don't know if this mainly plagues the Int'l varient but both of the US versions I owned had outstanding build quality. The only thing I can confirm is htc's aggressive memory management, though I'm the type of person who roots & roms so it hasn't really been a problem for me.

As for the heft of the inspire, it didn't really feel like a brick. I don't know how to describe it but it felt like if I dropped it, it wouldn't shatter. It just felt like a higher quality device owing to the build materials.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
I hate that Samsung doesn't make an effort on the quality of the buttons in the SGS3. It's really hard to find a good Android phone with great hardware and build quality. HOX has so many bugs and HTC is doing so bad financially...

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I hate that Samsung doesn't make an effort on the quality of the buttons in the SGS3. It's really hard to find a good Android phone with great hardware and build quality. HOX has so many bugs and HTC is doing so bad financially...

What's wrong with the buttons? Other than i prefer all capacitive to the physical home button, i think they are fine.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
I'm on Verizon. The phones I'm using are HTC Trophy (WP7) and HTC Rezound running 4.03. I primarily use the Trophy. I also have the original Motorola Droid, but I haven't used it in some time.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
What's wrong with the buttons? Other than i prefer all capacitive to the physical home button, i think they are fine.

The power button feels like it's too deep inside the phone and it's kind of difficult to press. It also feels extremely low quality, like it will not last over a year.

Maybe it's just me. I hated the home button on the iPhone but liked the power button, which is extremely solid.

Plastic buttons are never that good, be it on iPhone or whatever.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I'm on Verizon. The phones I'm using are HTC Trophy (WP7) and HTC Rezound running 4.03. I primarily use the Trophy. I also have the original Motorola Droid, but I haven't used it in some time.

Alright, an actual WP7 user! I thought you guys were myths. ;)

Anyway, did you check the poll that you are a WP7 owner? Please check mark off for Windows Phone if you would, please.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
The power button feels like it's too deep inside the phone and it's kind of difficult to press. It also feels extremely low quality, like it will not last over a year.

Maybe it's just me. I hated the home button on the iPhone but liked the power button, which is extremely solid.

Plastic buttons are never that good, be it on iPhone or whatever.

Hmm i dont know, my power button feels solid. Never wore out on my Vibrant and its pretty much the same. My silence button on my iPhone however, broke.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
Galaxy S3 and just got a Nokia 710 for testing windows phone. Somewhat still own a 4S. Had it sold, but haven't received final payment.
Really happy with the S3, probably the first phone that I really enjoy using in all it's capacity. Touchwiz has come a long way and the motion gestures are really convenient. Love it.

boomboom2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2012
I have a Verizon Wireless GNex unlocked and rooted running jelly bean and a 16 GB Nexus 7! Combined with my MBA I am a happy camper!

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
I have a Verizon Wireless GNex unlocked and rooted running jelly bean and a 16 GB Nexus 7! Combined with my MBA I am a happy camper!

Got the same phone tablet combo. Have you tried paranoid android yet? Excellent on the nexus 7.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
Alright, an actual WP7 user! I thought you guys were myths. ;)

Anyway, did you check the poll that you are a WP7 owner? Please check mark off for Windows Phone if you would, please.

We are elusive, but not quite a myth! ;) I checked the poll for the rezound and Windows Phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.