Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsmith1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 20, 2017
Nottingham, England
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 11.50.31.png

New month, new desktop

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
If memory serves me right, I started posting desktop setups on resexcellence.com way back in 1992 (or was it 1994 ?).
A little later, I discovered macthemes.com and a number of like-minded spirits. Guess I'll never forget the macOS Tiger days and the crazy themeing we all did.
As the macOS became harder to tweak, I stopped messing with my system resources. Until, nowadays, I've ran out of inspiration. Guess I'm about to settle on simple defaults...

👍 @allan.nyholm for continuing to modify the GUI nevertheless !

2023-02-05.png

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
If memory serves me right, I started posting desktop setups on resexcellence.com way back in 1992 (or was it 1994 ?).
A little later, I discovered macthemes.com and a number of like-minded spirits. Guess I'll never forget the macOS Tiger days and the crazy themeing we all did.
As the macOS became harder to tweak, I stopped messing with my system resources. Until, nowadays, I've ran out of inspiration. Guess I'm about to settle on simple defaults...

👍 @allan.nyholm for continuing to modify the GUI nevertheless !

View attachment 2153779
Yes... I remember the old MacThemes days, I went there after AquaSoft, after I bought my first mac.

I used a couple of your themes. Very nice they were too!

• Love
Reactions: allan.nyholm

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
thanks for the mention @GerritV - somehow this customization thing keeps going.

first screenshot is of a `glow` theme that I just call ElectricBoogie because I have no imagination really. glow is theme injector that is being developed over on a Discord server by a very skilled programmer, and I can't thank this individual enough.

It's an active community I feel like so that's good.

wallpaper in this one is from juzmental called "aikonosphere" which I used Pixelmator to upscale and deband
Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 13.40.41.png

This screenshot is an attempt to bring a classic Mac OS look to modern macOS' - it has since been updated a bit, but it will require some more tender love and care

welcome.png

now that cDock has been updated with fixes and is now working with Ventura - that's why I could make the Dock that way.

Good screenshots everyone.. great seeing such diversity in wallpaper choice

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Come on everyone... we know your desktops all look like this. 😂

View attachment 2157118
Pure soul!!!

Come on everyone... we know your desktops all look like this. 😂
Not gonna lie, it used to, now instead of throwing everything on desktop, everything is scattered across hundreds of folders without any order (but I am still pretending it's somehow better than throwing everything on desktop)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.