Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
"Remember why you started"

The menu bar is a mess, fight me :D (please don't fight me. I'll lose. I have the stamina of a soft cheese)
Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 08.22.51.jpg

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
There's an app for that... Bartender to the rescue!
Thanks for the share.. I don't think I've ever heard of that application ;)

I do know about it and have even made some customization for it in the past.
I just had not gotten around to installing Hidden Bar or Bartender 4 yet on this installation of macOS Big Sur and I think that I'll wait installing anything Bartender-like until after macOS Monterey is released in a few days and install then on a fresh macOS Monterey installation.
It's just as quick clean installing modern macOS on Intel Macs, especially when showing their age(2015 i5 iMac), as it would be upgrading. I spent more than 45 minutes installing and upgrading even dot-releases of macOS Big Sur - which is very absurd.
A clean install takes little more than an hour, even on a modern large capacity Samsung model SSD- which again is absurd. I can install a competing operating system 3 times over on this very same iMac in the time macOS Big Sur is done installing just once.

Last edited:

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Because an M1 Air gives off no heat I went for a sort of flamy hot desktop. Feel much warmer now!

View attachment 1881171
The color scheme of Big Sur, garish icons etc., make it important to use a desktop that mitigates the Apple nonsense! I got this picture on MacRumors years ago, and so I cannot give credit where it is due to the source of the image, sorry about that. It does work well though with Big Sur's childish icons!

Attachments

• Blue Rim.jpg
    Blue Rim.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Reactions: iAssimilated

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Lovely wallpaper! Might you have a download link for that one? :D

So I can't for the life of me remember where I found the original, but I have attached it as my 5K version is too large apparently. I just ran this through Pixelmator's ML Super Resolution to make it a bit clearer.

Attachments

• Halloween Mountain.jpg
    Halloween Mountain.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: iAssimilated

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Here's my desktop, using the striking default wallpaper from the Pro Display XDR.

For my "laptop", I decided to celebrate the new MBPs by making the blue dark mode wallpaper my new default.
nice. Where’s this from?

Attachments

• B0C68720-85B6-421A-83BF-7BFEB373BF52.jpeg
    B0C68720-85B6-421A-83BF-7BFEB373BF52.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.