Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Entering my favorite month of the year! Currently I'm using a still from one of macOS Sonoma's new aerial wallpapers. Once the novelty of Sonoma wears off I'm sure I'll go with my traditional Nightmare Before Christmas. 'Tis the season.

October 2023.png

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
At some point I had some gradients as backgrounds, but for the many past years, my desktop has literally just been a solid colour. It seems like I am the only one. I have a nice dark red, because apparently blue light will wake you up or make you sleep bad. But I had some darker turquoise-blues in the past and a nice darker green can be good too, or also dark grey.

I just feel like a photo or art design as background will just stand in my way. I like clarity and need to look fast at file names and such things. I also have additional information displayed below files or folders on my desktop, so I see how big they are, how many objects folders contain, etc. With artworks and photos, the probability is higher that there is going to be a bright spot e.g. behind that info or file name, and it will just worsen readability.

That's also why I liked @kvlq's desktop, because it's the only one that goes in that direction.

• Love
Reactions: bhtwo and kvlq
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.