Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxondale.

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
England/China
AKG K271 Studio http://www.akg.com/personal/cproducts/powerslave,id,250,pcategory,6,nodeid,11,_language,EN.html
Automatic on/off switch: head phones will mute automatically when they are taken off
Varimotion xxl speakers for ultimate accuracy. Crisp, detailed sound even at high volume levels
Single, plug-in, easily replace able cable with mini-XLR connector
Gimbal suspended ear cups for gentle adjustment to your ears
Self-adjusting headband conforms to every head shape
Hard gold-plated contacts and jack plug with screw-on adapter
99.99% oxygen-free cable
Closed-back, circumaural earphones
Frequency range: 16hz to 28khz
Image___K_45bf7a4b39bb7.jpg

stormyuklondon1

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2006
for my ipod i use..
e2c_leftbar1.jpg

the good old shure ec2's. there not hugely expensive, and just get better and better the less lossy you compress your music, and are quite fantastic with alc.brilliant for drowning out the london underground tube commute and once you get the right fitting, extremely comfortable, imo..
at home i use..

CIMG0805.jpg

stax sr303/srm313. for the money to my ears, the best headphones available. clear,open, dynamic. not bass monsters, but whats there is extremely clear and natural. pretty much faultless imo, except when i wear them, the girlfriend thinks i look like a cyberman.

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
I use the Shure E4's. Sound awesome. I can't even imagine what the 5 series sound like. Mine are gray, not black like these. Otherwise they look the same.

e4g_large.jpg

477.jpg

I've had them on a plane and use them mowing the lawn and I can't hear a dang thing outside of my ear. Love 'em!

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
stax sr303/srm313. for the money to my ears, the best headphones available. clear,open, dynamic. not bass monsters, but whats there is extremely clear and natural. pretty much faultless imo, except when i wear them, the girlfriend thinks i look like a cyberman.

So so jealous, one of my goals in life is to own the Omega IIs or the Omega VI by the time i can afford them. Congratulations on a very nice set of headphones.

Jorey3969

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
space
417386A_p.jpg

(obviously not mine, too lazy to take pictures)

I got two pairs, best sounding headphones period, and the price is not that bad.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I got two pairs, best sounding headphones period, and the price is not that bad.

Many many people will beg to differ with you on that statement (quite a few of them are on this thread already with some very nice sets) but glad you like them. One day when you listen to some decent headphones you will realise how bad those sound.

Jorey3969

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2005
space
Many many people will beg to differ with you on that statement (quite a few of them are on this thread already with some very nice sets) but glad you like them. One day when you listen to some decent headphones you will realise how bad those sound.

Being quite an audiophile, I listened to many other "better, more expensive" headphones, but settled on the Bose. You know what really puzzles me is when people say how terrible Bose equipment is. I own and have owned lots of Bose products and know they are incredible, so when people say they sound terrible or are cheap, I just think less of that person. But I suppose we all have our opinions and I really don't like to argue over this kind of subject.

anyway, I think I'll put on my headphones and put in Meddle, and enjoy the evening.

stormyuklondon1

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2006
So so jealous, one of my goals in life is to own the Omega IIs or the Omega VI by the time i can afford them. Congratulations on a very nice set of headphones.

cheers:)
the omega's are bloody awesome, but at 2.5k with an energiser are way out of my reach too! i think once you've listened to an electrostatic headphone, its really difficult to go back to a dynamic headphone..

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Being quite an audiophile, I listened to many other "better, more expensive" headphones, but settled on the Bose. You know what really puzzles me is when people say how terrible Bose equipment is. I own and have owned lots of Bose products and know they are incredible, so when people say they sound terrible or are cheap, I just think less of that person. But I suppose we all have our opinions and I really don't like to argue over this kind of subject.

anyway, I think I'll put on my headphones and put in Meddle, and enjoy the evening.

If i said that i was quite an audiophile as well, hence my setup, would that make my points more valid

By the same reasoning, when someone says that Bose triports are very good headphones (and they are an audiophile) i think less of them. I have listened and spent a decent amount of time with my friends bose headphones, running through a custom made cable through a Portaphile V2^2 maxed out running off batteries and therefore i have formed my own opinions on this matter. I think this is a case of agreeing to disagree. Anyway I'll go and listen to my DT880s.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Finally got my headphones. My sister got me the QC2s and i cant complain, decent sound, noise muffling and best of all free.

Thanks to all those who contributed to the thread and please continue to do so for anyothers out here looking for ideas.

Thanks

Cashmere Fedora

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2007
No highs? No lows? Must be Bose!

Anyway, here is a stock pic of mine:

hd497_normal.jpg

I'll buy a nicer set of cans once i get around to building an amp.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
No highs? No lows? Must be Bose!

Actually it's the other way round now, All highs? All lows? Must be bose!

You'd know if you ever heard any of their acoustimass systems, really not at all impressive, and I haven't heard anything from them in the past 10 years which has been impressive as what they market it as.

BOSE = Buy Other Superior Equipment

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
Razer Barracuda headphones.

5.1 surround sound on your ears. Beautiful, well built design, excellent comfort and fit, and amazing, rich sound.

Some of the best money I ever spent.

Attachments

• IMG_5816.JPG
    IMG_5816.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 306

maccam

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2007
Wisconsin
Here's mine *sniff sniff* Their cheap old walmart headphones (paid $6)

Attachments

• 100_0516.jpg
    100_0516.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 347

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Not sure if I want to keep my new Sennheiser MX90 (~$100 CAN) or go with their lower MX70. I love the Design, notice the Volume Control?

dsc00017mw6.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.