Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heehee

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2006
Same country as Santa Claus
Renovations not totally done yet but the home theatre is, 135" screen.

IMG_6459.JPG

Last edited:

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Not really a theater, but it is my main Netflix, DVD, Movie, Series -setup. Top-photo was until last wednesday, but bought a new TV:

28c3DnX.jpg

it's a 49" LG tv, the 49sj800v. It's in my living room, I don't want my TV to overshadow the living room ambiance, in case you're wondering why I didn't opt for the 55 or 65" versions.
Joining in is a Samsung 2.1 set, a cheapass one with a BluRay player and bluetooth, but hey: it gives me 500 watts RMS :)

Last edited:

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Nice clean look....the only thing I would have done is made the cable conduit under the TV about 3 inches longer (so the cables aren't showing between the bottom of the conduit and the top of the credenza).

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
My room hasn't changed much since my last post, but I switched to a 4k 65 inch Samsung TV. The Monitor audio front three speakers were replaced by B&W and I am now using the AppleTV 4 a lot more. I have a HomePod in the space, so I can just tell it what to play on the AppleTV and music plays on my main system. Pretty cool to have in addition to using the HomePod since it is placed between the two different spaces you can see in the pic below:

living room 2 by Derek, on Flickr

Update to the living room 1 by Derek, on Flickr

I also have a Epson 5040UB that I use on occasion with a 100 inch projector screen I have in the hall closet you can see in the photo. This is great to get out for movies, but I would love to mount everything and just have it available at the touch of a button. I just haven't wanted to make my main living room totally into a movie theater at this point. Below is a picture that shows how it works. I took it when I was mainly using the Epson 2040 (the 5040ub is much bigger, which makes it harder to find a place to mount it):

5745492.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.