Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
edesignuk said:
Why not, I love the new iMacs :D

iMacG5_Setup.jpg

Can you give me the width that both of these monitors take up on your desktop, angled as they are? I have the FP2001 and might do an iMac and span it. But need to make sure it will fit the desk space I have.

oldpismo

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
UK
iMac on the wall

Here finally are the photos of my setup, with the iMac on the wall on an arm.

Peter

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
@oldpismo,

Very nice arm there! Wonder how your gonna make any extra peripherals work when connected to the ports on the back. Guess your setup is the new Remington Steele - in a practical way.

oldpismo

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
UK
Most of the time I don't have any extra peripherals plugged in, but when I do I tend to place them on the table below it (camera/video camera etc)

The display can be raised and lowered on the arm, and when sitting on the couch I tend to have the mouse sitting beside me with the keyboard on my knee. At that point the screen is hovering at about head height in front of my face.

Obviously without the wireless mouse/keyboard/network the whole thing wouldn't be practical, but as it is I can use it as a large photo frame when not needed for anything else, and then swing it round and down for use.

Peter

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
oldpismo said:
Here finally are the photos of my setup, with the iMac on the wall on an arm.

Peter

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

WOW.......... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Sweet sep-up....but what kind of an arm is that...it is on the VESA mount right :confused:

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
just got my shiny new iMac on Friday - thought I'd bump this thread to show it to the world :p

I haven't tried to span the to the CRT monitor yet - want to make sure everything's ok with the iMac before I start tinkering :)

Attachments

• imac_setup.jpg
    imac_setup.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 305

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
Snowy28 said:
Like where I put my sticker? ;)

heh, cool i did the exact same thing on my black chair i got from IKEA and everytime someone sees it "Wow, Apple makes furniture now?"

i'll try to get a pic up...

oldpismo

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
UK
Platform said:
WOW.......... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Sweet sep-up....but what kind of an arm is that...it is on the VESA mount right :confused:

It's a viewmaster arm. It is on the VESA mount correctly, at least as correctly as it can be. Despite the arm's specs saying that it can cope with the iMac's weight, and the distributor saying that they had sold several to people with iMac monitors :confused: When I finally got it set up and attached the screen just drooped and pointed to the floor. In the end I had to manufacture my own customised wooden block (as seen in the rear view) to avoid the droop. It doesn't bother me, as it is on the side that I'm never looking at.

Peter

iHacker

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2005
Platform said:
Good to hear that you are happy with it..........but is it comfortable with the screen so high :confused:
I feel good with it i onlt put like stuf that im not using really up their.

AlmightyG5

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
xli_ne said:
is that a sticker on the chair or is that engraved on there?

Its just a sticker...couldn't find anywhere else to put it. Some other people in this thread have their sticker on their chair too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.