Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noone

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2006
iBot Bondi Blue iMac g3

Have you posted pix of your g3s? They are my second fave iMac design after the lampshade ones.
I miscounted... I actually have 9. I got them to restore, but that hasn't happened lol. Some of them are rough enough they're basically part donors. Especially if the CRT has issues as I don't know the first thing about CRT repair.

I've got one of the lampshade iMacs as well, and 7 iBook G3s. I need to do something with them as I don't really have the space to keep them, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Reactions: kazmac

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I miscounted... I actually have 9. I got them to restore, but that hasn't happened lol. Some of them are rough enough they're basically part donors. Especially if the CRT has issues as I don't know the first thing about CRT repair.

I've got one of the lampshade iMacs as well, and 7 iBook G3s. I need to do something with them as I don't really have the space to keep them, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.
Make lifesize iBots? ?

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Oops
BA08B987-8536-4930-91F8-B72D7F0219D9.jpg

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
No pics yet.

4 tires for the wife's car. ??

She came to bring me something at work and hit the curb, blew the sidewall out. So I checked the other 3 and the tread was quite low on those so I decided to go ahead and get a set.

Pirelli Scorpion Zero 295/40R21 .. ugh $1,700 later

The originals are Continental Cross Contact and have only lasted 35K

One thing i have to look forward to. My SUV has the exact same brand/model tire, just in 22" so I have that price again to look forward to when they wear out.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
No pics yet.

She came to bring me something at work and hit the curb, blew the sidewall out. So I checked the other 3 and the tread was quite low on those so I decided to go ahead and get a set.

One thing i have to look forward to. My SUV has the exact same brand/model tire, just in 22" so I have that price again to look forward to when they wear out.
All those power slides and burn outs at the light?

35k isn’t bad for a set of tyres in my opinion. I have Continentals on mine but don’t remember the model. About a month or two after I got them I had a nail in the sidewall. Had to replace it.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
All those power slides and burn outs at the light?

35k isn’t bad for a set of tyres in my opinion. I have Continentals on mine but don’t remember the model. About a month or two after I got them I had a nail in the sidewall. Had to replace it.
Exactly. My wife looks all innocent, then she's red light to red light racing on the side.

I can't say much, we had that car about 4 months and I did the exact same thing. Bumped a curb and the sidewall blew out.
Then got a screw in the tire.

No I don't think it's too bad for some nice riding tires and all-wheel drive 5,600lb car.

With the previous car, same type, I went with cheaper, harder tires that lasted longer but they were very loud on the highway and felt like they were made of cement.

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
Marshall Acton II. Wanted this for over a year, the non alexa/google/whatever assistant version. Normally $250, and never in stock anywhere (often it's the Acton I in stock, if anything). Randomly googled yesterday and found 2 in stock at just one Target that happened to be near my house, and also on sale for just $195, and another $10 off for doing in store pickup. Ordered it for pick up immediately.

CD6CD92D-9F81-419A-B8F3-23DC05BF24B3.jpeg

030BF5CB-46FF-4758-80CC-CDC7EEDF012C.jpeg

Replaces a 12 year old Bose Sounddock that has more than served its purpose. The Bose always sounded good, but the Marshall has undoubtedly better sound quality. Much clearer, and this thing gets insanely loud. Does not disappoint!

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
No pics yet.

I'm on deck for a new set in the near future, wheels/tires migrated from the old ride to the new several months ago, so I'm not 100% sure on mileage on them, maybe 15K combined ... ? FWIW, I run a 285/35-20 (f) / 305/35-20 (r)

I generally order online, and then work with a couple of local shops, one has done quite a bit of work for me (I've had a lot of wheels and tires), including R-compounds for an event after hours.

This time, I think I may go Tire Rack, ship them to my door like usual, but then use this service, sounds awesome, it's done at your house, authorized as a TireRack installer (for the most hardcore, they also offer nitrogen fills).

1580252252666.png

Reactions: mmomega
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.