Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
IMG_0002.jpg

2007 S2R1000

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Kawasaki Zephyr 550

My first bike as I only passed my test this year. Saving up for a Triumph Scrambler though as I love those.

Attachments

• New Motorcycle 4.JPG
    New Motorcycle 4.JPG
    438.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Scrambler 2.jpg
    Scrambler 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 230

veteq

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
I am amazed at the number of people that own or hope to own a Triumph.
I don't believe this would be the case in any other board. It must be a Mac thing. I am starting think that my next bike will be a Triumph :)

My first bike as I only passed my test this year. Saving up for a Triumph Scrambler though as I love those.

This motorcycle thing is like an addiction, I can tell by the jacket that you are all set for your next bike. Triumph as some of the nicest motorcycle gear.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I don't believe this would be the case in any other board. It must be a Mac thing. I am starting think that my next bike will be a Triumph :)

This motorcycle thing is like an addiction, I can tell by the jacket that you are all set for your next bike. Triumph as some of the nicest motorcycle gear.

I had my first Triumph a BSA and a Norton before Apple had a Mac so it might be the other way around.;) I love my Bonneville. Upright riding is for me. They've come a long way. 850cc's of electric start, no oil leaking, headlight working bliss.:D

I see quite a few Triumphs used in flicks these days.

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
I'm curious how much did you pay for your bike?

In Denmark, the bike is DKK. 289.997 (US 53.975.02 with today's exchange rate) incl. all taxes

I think your calculations are wrong, or you have the wrong model 1098. In the US they run around $15,000. There are models that are in the $50k to $70k range.

veteq

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
I'm curious how much did you pay for your bike?

In Denmark, the bike is DKK. 289.997 (US 53.975.02 with today's exchange rate) incl. all taxes

I got mine last Summer. With Taxes came up to $18,643.00. Using the google calculator, this is what I got

18643 CAD = 82569.8470 DKK

veteq

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2008
I don't know about the US but in Europe the 1098 has already been superseded by the 1198 - supposedly quite a bit superior especially if specced with traction control. I know a couple of guys who bought their dream bike in the 1098 and are pretty upset that Ducati have improved it already, but hey that's progress I suppose. I can't ride one as they're too uncomfortable for my height :(

Here's my "pipe and slipper silver Viffer" Honda VFR800 VTEC ABS:

The 1198 will go on sale here next month. It's pretty much the same bike with a engine size increase of 100cc (from 160hp to 170hp). Now the 1098S is a different story. the 1198S comes with traction control. That is a big upgrade.
I have no plans to use the Ducati on the track, I use a Honda for that, the base 1098 will do fine on the street.

I love the VFR800, a friend of mine just covered Canada's east coast on one. A two week trip

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England

Well being a Brit it's a matter of national pride to have a Triumph obviously ;)

I love the retro styling of the Triumph classics range too and having recently seen On Any Sunday it has only reinforced my desire to look like Steve McQueen.

I dragged my poor wife along to a Triumph dealership yesterday and had a sit on one of the new 2009 models. She wasn't as excited as I was for some odd reason. Oh and yes, I am rocking the bobble hat look :)

Attachments

• Me on Scrambler.jpg
    Me on Scrambler.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 173

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
Well being a Brit it's a matter of national pride to have a Triumph obviously ;)

I love the retro styling of the Triumph classics range too and having recently seen On Any Sunday it has only reinforced my desire to look like Steve McQueen.

I dragged my poor wife along to a Triumph dealership yesterday and had a sit on one of the new 2009 models. She wasn't as excited as I was for some odd reason. Oh and yes, I am rocking the bobble hat look :)

Yeah! Another Triumph fan! Do the fork gators come standard on the Scrambler or an add on?

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I don't know about the US but in Europe the 1098 has already been superseded by the 1198 - supposedly quite a bit superior especially if specced with traction control. I know a couple of guys who bought their dream bike in the 1098 and are pretty upset that Ducati have improved it already, but hey that's progress I suppose. I can't ride one as they're too uncomfortable for my height :(

Here's my "pipe and slipper silver Viffer" Honda VFR800 VTEC ABS:

Vtec?! you serious? lol.. I want vtec in my bike.. for a 600cc, I'm constantly over 12,000 rpm for daily riding

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Not really. go up north the 215 freeway about 20 minutes and you'll hit moreno valley. now that is the most boring city ever.

Haha, so true. Man, I miss California.

dad lives there. soooo, i wasnt worried about being very excited.

Ah ok, yeah my parents were contemplating on moving there because of the cheap houses a couple years back. But decided against it, and now here we are in freakin' Canada...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.