Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Esha77

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
I have recently filed a dispute with YouTube over a Claiment dispute over Copyright on an arrangement of 'Shenandoah' I posted up only today. I play all the instruments and sing myself in this, so I don't get why this has happened? Obvisouly I'm really worried about this, so can anyone tell me why this may have happened please? The music is early 19th century, and the picture of a painting I use is 1860, so I don't see where the infringment comes in. Anyone who can enlighten me on this subject, I would be most grateful for your thoughts. Thank you.

Reactions: GerritV

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I have recently filed a dispute with YouTube over a Claiment dispute over Copyright on an arrangement of 'Shenandoah' I posted up only today. I play all the instruments and sing myself in this, so I don't get why this has happened? Obvisouly I'm really worried about this, so can anyone tell me why this may have happened please? The music is early 19th century, and the picture of a painting I use is 1860, so I don't see where the infringment comes in. Anyone who can enlighten me on this subject, I would be most grateful for your thoughts. Thank you.

I can't help you out on the Copyright issue, don't understand it either.
But many congratulations on your arrangement, quite nice rendition of an ever great classic.

Esha77

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
But many congratulations on your arrangement, quite nice rendition of an ever great classic.

No worries. but thanks for the lovely comment. I'm hoping someone out there can enlighten me - I've been wracking my brain try to figure out why this has happened, unless of course it turns out to be a mistake.

Esha77

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2017
No worries. but thanks for the lovely comment. I'm hoping someone out there can enlighten me - I've been wracking my brain try to figure out why this has happened, unless of course it turns out to be a mistake.

I am pleased to report that having filed a dispute with youTube over this issue, those responsible for filing the dispute over Copyright have come forward and admitted they made a mistake and have retracted their dispute.

Reactions: JayMysterio

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I am pleased to report that having filed a dispute with youTube over this issue, those responsible for filing the dispute over Copyright have come forward and admitted they made a mistake and have retracted their dispute.

Congratulations for making a stand, and for the positive outcome :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.