Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goldfinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
I have an iBook G4 and I had some damage to my power plug some time ago, but it seems to have been working fine for 2+ months since. Then one day, it dies, like it was out of battery; which it was; wouldn't turn on at all. With some fiddling, I left it pluggedin and the battery completely re-charged (!!), the power adapter light was green, and everyything seemed ok again. Over (short) time, the battery started to drain again, but the adapter light remained green (!).

Even now, if I leave it for overnight, it may "trickle" charge the battery...or not. The charge light on the battery always seems correct, charged, half or empty, it's just that the power adapter light never goes to amber. I don't want to replace parts I don't need to, so, is it 1) my battery, 2) my power adapter cord or 3) something inside? Ideas?

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
I recommend just buying a new adaptor. If you still have charging problems, then maybe it is the DC controller board in the laptop and not your adaptor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.