Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoldenMoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2023
Hi,

I am new here and wanted to reach out since I acquired a Power Mac 7300/180 with a CPU upgrade in it from Facebook Marketplace as a project computer to get it running and to dive into retro Macintoshes.

The SCSI hard drive died along with the CD drive that came stock in the computer. I have been looking around at SCSI to SD adapters and not becoming a fan of the insanely high prices for a small adapter.

I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions for IDE ATA PCI expansion cards for the system so I can use an IDE to SD adapter to give this old hardware new life, along with using an IDE CD drive to read media on.

My plan after getting the IDE ATA PCI card would be to then use SheepShaver to write an image of an OS 9 install with the ATA card's drivers and an OS 9 compatible USB expansion card's drivers installed to the SD card to then have a usable computer (it did not come with an ADB keyboard or mouse, so trying to use the USB card to use a USB keyboard and mouse).

Thanks in advanced

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.