Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feroxe2k22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2022
Hello
I have a working power mac g4 mdd with dual 1.25 GHz processors, 2.0 GB of RAM and the default Nvidia GPU it came with. I went on to vacation for a month and before I went , it was working fine. Now when I got back, it's not powering. When I try to power it up, the white light on the power button flashes for a second and a red light on the motherboard beside the RAM slots flashes as well. I have removed the PRAM battery, pressed the PMU reset button but I am still not able to power it up. The PSU fans do run for just a second with other system fans as well.
Any help is appreciated as I am a bit worried now about it as I got for my collection.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello
I have a working power mac g4 mdd with dual 1.25 GHz processors, 2.0 GB of RAM and the default Nvidia GPU it came with. I went on to vacation for a month and before I went , it was working fine. Now when I got back, it's not powering. When I try to power it up, the white light on the power button flashes for a second and a red light on the motherboard beside the RAM slots flashes as well. I have removed the PRAM battery, pressed the PMU reset button but I am still not able to power it up. The PSU fans do run for just a second with other system fans as well.
Any help is appreciated as I am a bit worried now about it as I got for my collection.
What happens if you take out all the RAM sticks and then add them back one by one?

feroxe2k22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2022
What happens if you take out all the RAM sticks and then add them back one by one?
I still got the same result. I have taken out the CPU card and reseated it and again I got the same result. I'll try to get a new PRAM battery in the morning and see if it was causing the issues.

feroxe2k22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2022
After replacing the battery, the issue still persists. Any help would be appreciated to revive this machine :(

feroxe2k22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2022
I tried everything and it seems like PSU is toasted. Going to install sfx ATX PSU after modding it. Hopefully it will work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.