Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AudiGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
im sure it is going to happen. i just wonder when and how much and of course the specs.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
AudiGuy said:
im sure it is going to happen. i just wonder when and how much and of course the specs.

Must not post sarcastic response...

I think everyone on the planet that has any interest in Apple knows that the G5 will be replaced. And we all have no idea on when, how much, and what..

So, you're not alone, but we also didn't need this thread, I think.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
AudiGuy said:

See the page 1 rumors: "mac pro to continue quad-core tradition" and many other threads.

The general speculation is that the top tier will use the Intel Xeon 5100 series Woodcrest processors, which are intel core microarchitecture based, dual core each, and multiprocessor capable. They can utilize FB-DIMM RAM up to 64GB.

AudiGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Silentwave said:
See the page 1 rumors: "mac pro to continue quad-core tradition" and many other threads.

The general speculation is that the top tier will use the Intel Xeon 5100 series Woodcrest processors, which are intel core microarchitecture based, dual core each, and multiprocessor capable. They can utilize FB-DIMM RAM up to 64GB.

wow thanks for the info, i dont come here much so im sorry if im not "in the know" got other things to think about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.