Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleforeverapp2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2016
Hey everyone!

I have a friend that has created a software program for an app that allows the phone to run 2 times longer. There are so many "battery saving apps" out there, all they do is advise you how long you have left on talk time and basically tell you to close down everything on your phone so it lasts longer which i think is stupid. You may as well go back to a Nokia 3310 brick phone because you won't be allowed to use anything on it!! Anyway, He is going to eventually try and have this crowd funded so it can be coded and properly launched firstly on the app store but hoping with sales and backing eventually through android and other smartphones. Not only will this save you from charging it everyday but it will save energy consumption throughout the world if enough back the cause.

General question, what would you pay for a app that get's you double the power!! with no monitoring or anything and is eco friendly :)

Let me know!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds kind of more magical than real given that to get more out of a battery (not counting getting a bigger or a different battery) would mean disabling/modifying or simply not using various things that use up the battery, and in the case of iOS devices, most of those type of system-level changes aren't something that a 3rd party app would be able to do anyway.

appleforeverapp2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2016
Understand what your saying.. Not counting changing the battery or your phone or anything. This is something that has been already physically made both in a hand held device powering something else and through an application for a smart phone.. the real stats are actually just over x2 the power of a normal battery. I know it sounds magical that's exactly what i thought when it was found out. Where not changing anything system based or changing any of the hardware, This hasn't been seen before and obviously is alot to claim without being on the market yet. but soon it will be.
[doublepost=1457554316][/doublepost]I see all these other apps asking for upwards of $3-5 for an app that just advises you how to save a little battery. With something that i know for a fact actually does the job without closing any apps down, i just wanted to know a comfortable price point an everyday user would pay for the luxury of a longer lasting phone.. In the process now of testing by time lapsing different phones with and without the application to get a very basic figure on what it will save energy wise..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.