Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
Can anyone tell me if Power Support has released a Screen Protector for the 4G iPod Touch and if so, where to pick one up?

Thanks

ukalady

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Here's the response I received on Sept. 20:

Thank you for your interest. We will have films and cases available for the
iPod Touch 4G. We are expecting these in late October. I apologize for the
inconvenience. Please check back on our website for the latest information.
Thank you for your interest and continued support.

Terrance
Customer Service
Power Support USA​

Jaysil18

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2010
I know im getting pissed . The ipod touch 4gs been out since last month and we still don't have those anti agree protectors . I keep going to apple , hoping they will be in but nope . I keep going on the site to see if they have them but nope . Those are my favorites . Hurry up power support . Pleaseeee

ukalady

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
Just as an update, I've had the Power Support Anti-Glare Screen Protector on my 4G iPod Touch for a couple of weeks and I'm very, very happy with it. I had the same screen protector on my 1G and I liked the "flat" finish look and especially treasured the feel of the screen with that protector.

I was initially concerned that the anti-glare screen protector would detract from the Retina display on the 4G but my fears were unfounded. The display is sharp and clear. Of course, some folks prefer the reflective "glassy" feel and look so this wouldn't be the screen protector for them. For me, though, I love the clean look (no more fingerprints!) and feel of the Power Support Anti-Glare.

The key is putting it on carefully (isn't that the case with all those screen protectors?) and lining up the "holes" just right. I let my husband do it because he's a perfectionist!

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
I just bought a pack of the HD Anti-Glare screen films and a Speck Candyshell case. I saw the ones my friend used on his iPhone 4 and I really liked them a lot. They also have the Crystal screen films if people prefer that instead.

mrmyco

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2010
sorry for bringing up a fairly old thread, but i was wondering does the anti glare one have a sort of rainbow static effect, and isnt 100% transparent? or is it really clear

lhlee96

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2009
Sydney
I have the Power Support Anti-Glare for both the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G. It is not a hundred percent clear, and has a slightly fuzzy effect. This might be a deal breaker as the Retina Display does not look stunning with this film on- although I would use this film because it gives the screen a matte feel, and protects it as well.

It also fits perfectly with the Incase Slider for iPod Touch 4G.

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
sorry for bringing up a fairly old thread, but i was wondering does the anti glare one have a sort of rainbow static effect, and isnt 100% transparent? or is it really clear

Regarding the rainbow static look, no it doesn't happen on the anti glare, though it happened clearly on my prevus Belkin crystal clear film.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.