Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Because of how large the charging case is I tried some other ways to carry the PBP’s. I found the soft cases allow the side button to be accidentally pressed thereby activating the player on the phone. I had a bunch of small zippered hard cases that I used to use for my AirPods when they first released and these work great, albeit tight, with the PBP’s. The actual case is slightly bigger than the actual AirPods charging case.

Qladcase for AirPods Hard Carrying Case, Compact Earbuds Holder MP3 Bluetooth iPod Earphones Earbuds Apple Headphones, Zipper Enclosure Perfect for Accessories (Black/Red NO Internal NET) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYLR8QS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p4t8CbGY9H0PA

What Is everyone else using?

Reactions: Agile55

jjayr41

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
I like that case. I tried a soft case as well and in my pocket or even shaking the case it would keep activating the PBP and would sync with my phone. I ended up getting this soft/hard beats case and so far they do not automatically sync to my phone when they are in the pocket while walking.

Attachments

• 0A47FEC5-85E6-4191-871D-FB88CECB8700.jpeg
    0A47FEC5-85E6-4191-871D-FB88CECB8700.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 674
Reactions: edlex

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I like that case. I tried a soft case as well and in my pocket or even shaking the case it would keep activating the PBP and would sync with my phone. I ended up getting this soft/hard beats case and so far they do not automatically sync to my phone when they are in the pocket while walking.
Yup, I got that soft case too and in my experience it will activate the Pro's when I'm walking while they are in the pouch. Good to know a harder case should prevent that.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

That Beats case is really nice.

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX
Because of how large the charging case is I tried some other ways to carry the PBP’s. I found the soft cases allow the side button to be accidentally pressed thereby activating the player on the phone. I had a bunch of small zippered hard cases that I used to use for my AirPods when they first released and these work great, albeit tight, with the PBP’s. The actual case is slightly bigger than the actual AirPods charging case.

Qladcase for AirPods Hard Carrying Case, Compact Earbuds Holder MP3 Bluetooth iPod Earphones Earbuds Apple Headphones, Zipper Enclosure Perfect for Accessories (Black/Red NO Internal NET) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYLR8QS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p4t8CbGY9H0PA

What Is everyone else using?

I ended up w/ 2 of those Qladcase's for my Airpods & will have to try using one w/ my PBPs, thx for the tip.

jjayr41

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
That Beats case is really nice.
Yeah I got it off amazon for $9, it’s a slim case. It’s still not AirPod small but much better than the PBP massive case. Ive been walking all day, jumping and shaking the case and the PBP have not powered on while it’s in my pocket. I’ll run it through more tests tomorrow but so far I can say a hard case is the way to go or at least a hard case where the PBP’s button etc can’t get triggered.

jlaw

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
Yeah I got it off amazon for $9, it’s a slim case. It’s still not AirPod small but much better than the PBP massive case. Ive been walking all day, jumping and shaking the case and the PBP have not powered on while it’s in my pocket. I’ll run it through more tests tomorrow but so far I can say a hard case is the way to go or at least a hard case where the PBP’s button etc can’t get triggered.
Would you mind posting a link to the case you ordered?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.