Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Hi everyone,

I'm working in a rather quiet office and have to be aware of sound leaking from my headphones into the room. I don't want to annoy my colleagues with whatever it is I am listening to, so I've been wondering what would be the better option for me. A pair of in-the-ear Powerbeats Pro's, or a more traditional over-the-ear headphones?

My guess would be that the PBP's would win here, but I've yet to try them out. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers!

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm working in a rather quiet office and have to be aware of sound leaking from my headphones into the room. I don't want to annoy my colleagues with whatever it is I am listening to, so I've been wondering what would be the better option for me. A pair of in-the-ear Powerbeats Pro's, or a more traditional over-the-ear headphones?

My guess would be that the PBP's would win here, but I've yet to try them out. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers!

My powerbeats pro leak more then my old wired shure and ultimate ear earphones. Generally as long as I keep the volume below 60-70% there is little to no leaking. It would be more of a personal space issue then ;). At 80% you can hear from about a foot away and at 100% about 2-3 feet away. This is me placing a thing over the ear tip and not in an ear so leaking with be slightly worse than if used properly (in-ear).

Generally from my experience in-ear monitors/earphones leak less than over hear as the audio is directed straight into the ear canal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.