Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Hey everyone,

I've been a lurker on this forum since the beggining, but this is my first post! I have a 1.5ghz 15" powerbook with 768megs of ram that I bought about two years ago. I've had a few problems with it including a broken latch and the dreaded bad lower memory slot, both of which were recently fixed under my extended AMEX warranty. Ever since I bought the computer I've experienced fairly frequent crashes after waking the computer up from sleep, probably about once a week. This is the multiple-language screen of death. I was hoping that it was due to the flaky lower memory slot, but since the repair it seems to have gotten worse. I'm running 10.4.6, and the crashes have occured since the begining, with Panther. I've tried the two factory 256meg sticks of ram and a bargain-basement 512, but it seems like nothing really helps. My flat-panel imag g4 has been solid as a rock for four years. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
k

i would send ıt back to repaır and stress the problems you have had sınce ıt came back furthermore ask them to double check that everrythıng ıs as should be. ıf they say theres nothıng wrong try downgradıng to panther and doıng a fresh ınstall to try to elımınate the problem.

sread

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it! I think I'll try and re-install tiger and try some new memory if that doesn't go away. It's not under warranty any more and the previously faulty memory slot seems to work ok, so I'm not sure what apple can do for me at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.