Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sausage dog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Hi, this is my first post here:)

I have the following laptop:

Powerbook G3 bronze keyboard Prismo (I think)
20 gig HD
384 MB SDRAM
OSX Tiger

Anyway, the battery was woken up after being in a cupboard for a year and is not being read correctly. A reading from coconut application reveals the following information about the battery right now:

Current Battery charge - 3985 mah
Maximum battery charge - 4544 mah 87%

Current battery capacity - 4544 mah
Original Battery capacity - 4600 mah 98%

The battery reader at the top of the screen shows the 87% and I expect nthe computer to sleep very shortly, forcing me to plug in the charger.

Ok it'd down to 79% and all is OK.....

There we go, it went to sleep at 74%

Does anyone know how to get the computer to read the battery power correctly?

Is there anything wrong with the battery itself?

Merry Christmas

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
From what you have said, it sounds to me like a depleated battery, call a local Apple Authorised Service provider and find out how much an exchange battery will cost you, and go from there.

I hope this helps

Alex Price

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Well, Coconut only gets its data from the system profiler. So there has to be something wrong there. You could restart the finder if you have more problems, or do a system restart.

Your battery has probably become lazy after doing nothing for a year. Charge it completly and then let it drain completly. Then use it normal for a couple of days, then let it drain again. But it's still pretty good that your battery can hold 87% of its original power.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.