Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DinoAdventure

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2005
I just got a 15" Powerbook G4 Superdrive, and I can't seem to make the internal mic work. I select it has the desired audio device under System Preferences, but both Logic Express and Garage Band just record static. Any suggestions? I just got it yesterday, it is my first mac and I'm having a lot of fun with it, but I hope I won't need to send it out for repair. I was going to call apple but I figured I might as well try a forum first.

Thanks a bundle.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Perhaps it's a problem with the powerbook.
Under System Prefrences-->Sound-->Input (select Internal Microphone) you should see the meeter move when you type or move your finger over the microphone.

Another check, rerout the audio with SoundFlower, and see if you can port it somewhere else.

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
Eniregnat said:
Perhaps it's a problem with the powerbook.
Under System Prefrences-->Sound-->Input (select Internal Microphone) you should see the meeter move when you type or move your finger over the microphone.

Another check, rerout the audio with SoundFlower, and see if you can port it somewhere else.
sounds like solid advice.
Having sound problems? go to system prefs>sound !
Yes Macs can be as simple as that!

DinoAdventure

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Yeah, it must be a problem with my powerbook. The lines never move, even when I run my finger over the mic. I guess I'll call apple tommorow and see what they say.

Thanks

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
DinoAdventure said:
Yeah, it must be a problem with my powerbook. The lines never move, even when I run my finger over the mic. I guess I'll call apple tommorow and see what they say.

Thanks
even adjusting the volume setting under them?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 188

DinoAdventure

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2005
Yep, that has no effect. When I first got it (last night) the first 3 lines would be constantly jumping up and down causing static, but now I have no lines and no static. I hope I don't have to send it out for repair, seeing how I just got it and all. That would be a shame. Maybe I can make the trek to the nearest apple store and see if they'll fix it... guess I'll just have to wait and see on tommorow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.