Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
It's 1:40am, and i decided to have one last ditch attempt at finding some nice cheap ram, did a little more exploring on the crucial site and found 2 products that seem to fit the bill...

First is the recomended stick - LINK
Specs: DDR PC2700 • CL=2.5 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR333 • 2.5V • 128Meg x 64

Second is one i found that seems to match, but is alot cheaper - LINK

The only difference i can see is the first one is guaranteed to work with the powerbook, any reason the second wouldn't work just as well?

Thanks, last RAM question from me, promise :D

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
beige matchbox said:
It's 1:40am, and i decided to have one last ditch attempt at finding some nice cheap ram, did a little more exploring on the crucial site and found 2 products that seem to fit the bill...

First is the recomended stick - LINK

Second is one i found that seems to match, but is alot cheaper - LINK

The only difference i can see is the first one is guaranteed to work with the powerbook, any reason the second wouldn't work just as well?

Thanks, last RAM question from me, promise :D

Yes, there are many reasons that the second one may not work: device organization on the module and SPD settings are 2 off the top. You do not get those details in the specs above.

Buy at your own risk and make sure before buying that it is returnable for refund without a restocking charge... if the vendor says "here is the one we guarantee for Mac" and you buy the other one, be prepared not to have support on it and be prepared to lose theshipping on the return.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
That all makes sense :)

From the site -
What's your return policy?
If your part is not compatible with your system, you can return your memory to us for a full refund within 30 days of the ship date. In the unlikely event that your module is defective, please call us! We will happily replace it at any time. At Crucial, our limited warranty guarantees that your Crucial product will always work properly.
Meaning if it doesn't work i can send it back, shipping it back can't be much, so i think thats good to go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.