Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Hey guys,

After waiting for about 8 months to get a Powerbook I got a crappy one....Display went crazy with pink static. (Also my wireless mouse and printer were defective, and my cell phone just broke which shows my luck with technology). Anways....I called apple last week (Fri. Dec. 2) and they agreed to replace it.

Unfortunately I had to send them my book first (HP and cingular sent me the replacements and now i have to send them back my defectives). After a week of watching the tracking page not moving at all, and getting worried my pb was lost, it finally arrived in Elk Grove, CA yesterday (Fri. Dec. 9).

I was wondering from any of you who have gotten replacements and especially pb replacements, what is the process they go through? How long does it normally take for them to send a replacement out to you? And will they provide me with a tracking number via email? or will it just arrive at my doorstep?

Thanks for any input, I am sitting here on my PC after being spoiled with Mac OSX for only 3 days, now awaiting the return of my beloved powerbook.

Thanks again :)

cgingrich

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Pretty sure there was no lightning here, just bad luck. All items worked in some respect but parts were defective.

PB: Display is messed up (pink static and Vertical lines) (key also broke off)
Printer: Printed fine, but it's an all-in-one, and the scanner is defective so it scans a black box on the right side of everything.
Apple wireless mouse: Mounted to the pb and everything but the pointer went beserk on the screen and was uncontrollable

Motorola V551 phone: Display froze, and then just stopped working, I can send and receive calls, but have no display.

As unlikely as it may be, it seems like it has happened to me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.