Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
Hello. I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.

Are the powerbooks able to dual monitor span between an external monitor and the powerbook screen? Or do I need two external monitors?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
The PowerBooks span between their own inbuilt screen and a second (external) screen.

I can't imagine it'd be all that possible/easy to span between two external screens with a PowerBook though. :)

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
mad jew said:
The PowerBooks span between their own inbuilt screen and a second (external) screen.

I can't imagine it'd be all that possible/easy to span between two external screens with a PowerBook though. :)

Nice. So all I need is one external monitor.

Sorry if this is an obivous question, but why is it hard to span between two externals with a Powerbook?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, you only need one. :)

Doing it with two would require some sort of adaptor or something to be able to plug the second external (third in total) display into AFAIK. I'm not sure that it's possible but I could be wrong.

e.m.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
San Francisco
mad jew said:
Yeah, you only need one. :)

Doing it with two would require some sort of adaptor or something to be able to plug the second external (third in total) display into AFAIK. I'm not sure that it's possible but I could be wrong.

I see. Thanks for the info. I was hoping all I need is one external monitor, so that works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.