Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
wow.. i just noticed some what looks to be pititng on the right side of my tracpad.. its starting to piss me off to no end lol... but this is a serious issue and apple should include it in the apple care plan.. its not just cosmetic.. its a design flaw.. it shouldnt be doing this..

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
ok,first of all,it is a LAPTOP and since it is a laptop, connecting keyboards and mice and extra monitors sort of defy its purpose, yes????:mad:
secondly,if it's only about sweat,why pay more money for something with a brandname and not put a couple of cool stickers on that area and end of story?
lastly, it is a computer and computers are meant to become obsolete, they are meant to be worn and torn, it's not your grandma's gold and diamond necklace that you polish every week to keep it shiny and show off to your friends. if you bought it to show off then put some neon lights on it and fix it on the top of your car so everyone can see! :)
in the end, too much fuss (again) over something trivial
i wouldn't like it either,but it happens, it's the natural course of things
it's new then after a while it's not
then after a while it starts having problems
and then after a while it dies and you get another one
like us :)

moooosedude

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2004
on my powerbook, you can see my wrist marks from my bad typing posture. its like taking the aluminum finish off :)

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
sk3pt1c said:
ok,first of all,it is a LAPTOP and since it is a laptop, connecting keyboards and mice and extra monitors sort of defy its purpose, yes????:mad:
secondly,if it's only about sweat,why pay more money for something with a brandname and not put a couple of cool stickers on that area and end of story?
lastly, it is a computer and computers are meant to become obsolete, they are meant to be worn and torn, it's not your grandma's gold and diamond necklace that you polish every week to keep it shiny and show off to your friends. if you bought it to show off then put some neon lights on it and fix it on the top of your car so everyone can see! :)
in the end, too much fuss (again) over something trivial
i wouldn't like it either,but it happens, it's the natural course of things
it's new then after a while it's not
then after a while it starts having problems
and then after a while it dies and you get another one
like us :)

i see your point.. i love apple.. and macs, i just think that it sucks that something like this could happen.. yes it is only hurting the looks, but it still shouldnt happen, apple put their powerbooks in an aluminum case, why cant they keep the case from corroding.. not trying to bash apple but if my pitting gets worse ill go crazy cus i think the powerbook is the coolest looking laptop and to have black blotches on it sucks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.