Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
Howdy!

I own a PowerBook Titanium G4 15" 1Ghz 512MB Ram, and i would like to use OS X 10.2 Jaguar, but the issue is that i can't install it, i have an original disc with 10.2 Jaguar but i receive the Prohibited logo, is like it doesn't support it, also on Everymac is written on 1Ghz Titanium model that it came preinstalled with 9.2.2 & X 10.2.1, i found a .iso of it and burned on DVD, can't install it, doesn't see it on boot but on desktop it see the disc without issues. Also trying to boot via USB, the same issue.

So, i decided to install OS X 10.3 Panther and was installed without issues and run smoothly, i try also Tiger and Leopard, which also work without issue, installing and run it, but i want Jaguar to test, do you know where is the issue?

IMG_20210513_233202.jpg

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
I don't know how to combine the zip files, could you please be kind and help me with the 2.6GB .iso file? maybe here I made a mistake and I want to be sure that is the right .iso for burning on DVD. Thank you in advance.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I don't know how to combine the zip files, could you please be kind and help me with the 2.6GB .iso file? maybe here I made a mistake and I want to be sure that is the right .iso for burning on DVD. Thank you in advance.
The instructions for combining and burning the disc are clearly detailed on that page. You just need to read those. If you are still struggling, then there is another upload in a single file here:

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/po...ware-install-and-restore-discs-mac-os-x-1023-

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
The instructions for combining and burning the disc are clearly detailed on that page. You just need to read those. If you are still struggling, then there is another upload in a single file here:

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/po...ware-install-and-restore-discs-mac-os-x-1023-
Thank you so much, you save my time and my beloved PowerBook G4 Titanium, now I can install OS X 10.2.3 Jaguar

My issue was that I use an older DVD restore for PowerBook G4 Ti 1Ghz 2002 model, my model is PowerBook G4 Ti 1Ghz 2003, so it needs the restore DVD from 2003 obviously.

This is the restore DVD for my model:

PowerBook G4 Titanium 867 MHz/1 GHz (“Antimony”) Software Install and Restore Discs (Mac OS X 10.2.3 & Mac OS 9.2.2)​

It can be downloaded from here: https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/powerbook-g4-titanium-867-mhz1-ghz-“antimony”-software-install-and-restore-discs-mac-os-x-1023-

Very happy now. Finally!

IMG_20210514_011708.jpg
IMG_20210514_011821.jpg
IMG_20210514_011930.jpg

Last edited:

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Hi, if you need it, I will provide it for you on a DVD.. while it is available on Macintosh garden, for some such as you it’s not easy to handle the .iso file, so as soon as I find it, I can burn it for you.

Reactions: ExclusiveMac

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
But what will you do with Jaguar ? Play old games or just see what Jaguar looked like on that model ?
Thank you man, i burned the entire .iso posted above and works now.

Basically, test the office, old apps made for Jaguar, and yeah also some games, but first I wait for the 2x512MB ram and msata SSD for a full upgrade.

Reactions: Macbookprodude

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Does anyone know if there is a wifi card for this model to work on modern wifi routers?
Yes. The original Airport card.

Just have your modern router downgrade to using WEP, or WPA with TKIP protection. Or use a secondary router slaved to the primary that offers WEP or WPA.

Or you can buy a PC card with a Broadcom chip that does 802.11n. My son used to use on in his old TiBook.

Or last but not least, a USB WiFi adapter. You'll need to find the appropriate software though and it does not operate like normal Airport does.

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
Yes. The original Airport card.

Just have your modern router downgrade to using WEP, or WPA with TKIP protection. Or use a secondary router slaved to the primary that offers WEP or WPA.

Or you can buy a PC card with a Broadcom chip that does 802.11n. My son used to use on in his old TiBook.

Possible internaly?

ExclusiveMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Japan
Ohh, if I understood correctly, with my internal Airport I can use wifi only via Tiger And Leopard?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ohh, if I understood correctly, with my internal Airport I can use wifi only via Tiger And Leopard?
You can use your internal Airport card on WiFi in Jaguar if you are willing to downgrade your router to WEP.

You can use your internal Airport card on WiFi, using WPA, if you are willing to run Tiger or Leopard.

• Love

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Is there a way to check the temperature via software on Jaguar and Panther?
Maybe if you could find a really old version of Hardware Monitor, IDK.

iStat Menus requires Tiger at minimum I think. Possibly MenuMeters might work.

In any case, about the only sensor any software of that time period will read is from the hard drive. Only later versions of Macs and later versions of OS X had readable sensors.

• Love

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
Maybe if you could find a really old version of Hardware Monitor, IDK.

iStat Menus requires Tiger at minimum I think. Possibly MenuMeters might work.

In any case, about the only sensor any software of that time period will read is from the hard drive. Only later versions of Macs and later versions of OS X had readable sensors.
Not possible.. since the Titanium does not have any thermal sensors at all - Only PowerBook Aluminum does - I know, as I tested temperature monitor and it does not detect any sensors at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.