Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
Don't get me wrong, i would REALLY love to see new PowerBooks within a month, and I think they are due, as well... But Apple currently has three specials on PowerBooks, none of which end before Dec 31. In light of this how can one expect a PowerBook upgrade before then?

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Went to the online Apple Store (US) to CTO a PB to see how much I would save with the RAM special, and it said 7-10 Days shipping. Combine that with the refurb deals on old iBooks, and the fact that my local CompUSA has NO iBooks or TiBooks in stock, you have yourself some good rumor mongering.

Your results may vary.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
interesting

i just called my local comp usa as well they have 1 667 and 3 800mhz powerbooks....

take it for what it is i guess.

I'm waiting as well to buy a new powerbook, and it's making me insane!!

exbox

macrumors member
Originally posted by solvs
Went to the online Apple Store (US) to CTO a PB to see how much I would save with the RAM special, and it said 7-10 Days shipping. Combine that with the refurb deals on old iBooks, and the fact that my local CompUSA has NO iBooks or TiBooks in stock, you have yourself some good rumor mongering.

Your results may vary.
really? my quote for the pb 800 uprgraded with the RAM special is 3-5 days, and the stock config is 1-2 days

Attachments

• applestore.jpg
    applestore.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 697

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
i have heard that inventories are strong on the 800's. But who cares if they just add to the line a 1.0Ghz and re-price them?

Just anounce it already!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.