Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2001
Hey all,

Almost everytime I open my lid to my PBG4 (2004) I get a broken LCD screen look that lasts for like 4 seconds. Then it fixes itself. A few months ago I had my DC Invertor replaced and I wonder that is why I now have this loose video cable? Any ideas of what the problem can be? Any one elsea have this problem? -Thanks

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
al256 said:
Hey all,

Almost everytime I open my lid to my PBG4 (2004) I get a broken LCD screen look that lasts for like 4 seconds. Then it fixes itself. A few months ago I had my DC Invertor replaced and I wonder that is why I now have this loose video cable? Any ideas of what the problem can be? Any one elsea have this problem? -Thanks
broken LCD look? Like a crack-down-the-middle, gooey multi-colored juice display? Or like a bunch of horizontal lines...? Could just be your pb waking up.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2001
pdpfilms said:
broken LCD look? Like a crack-down-the-middle, gooey multi-colored juice display? Or like a bunch of horizontal lines...? Could just be your pb waking up.

Well, I have had one broken LCD in my life. Down the middle (horizontally) is a thick black strip with no color, below that is a mostly washed out white color stripes. This is the first PB I've had that has ever woken up with this look. I've owned three other PB's through the years and never had a problem like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.