Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Argelius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
I am vacillating between a 13" MacBook (just love the Black...) and the 15" MacBook Pro.

I've checked the specs out here: http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/comparison_chart.html

The one difference between them that I don't really understand the real-world significance of is the graphics card and video memory.

I don't play games on my Mac, but do enjoy using Photoshop Elements 4 for photo editing (which I know is not yet available as a Universal App).

Can anyone give me an idea as to the significance of the difference between the MacBook and MacBook Pro for non-gaming purposes? (With either notebook, I plan on getting 1 GB of RAM) Thanks!

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
Argelius said:
Can anyone give me an idea as to the significance of the difference between the MacBook and MacBook Pro for non-gaming purposes? (With either notebook, I plan on getting 1 GB of RAM) Thanks!
Zero.

Seriously. A MB and a MBP with the same CPU speed and and memory will perform nearly identical in non-GPU bound tests (ie. no games).

Argelius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Abulia said:
Zero.

Seriously. A MB and a MBP with the same CPU speed and and memory will perform nearly identical in non-GPU bound tests (ie. no games).

Cool. Thanks!

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
If you were going to be using it for video editing, I'd have suggested the MBP, as it can be expanded via the express card... otherwise there doesn't appear to much difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.