Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Texas
Im thinking about getting a powerbook but dont want to buy one yet if apple is going to realse a faster/better modle... if any one knows of anything coming out plz post!

chills

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
You should read my opinion in the New Predictions thread. I don't believe we will see a new PowerBook for at least 6 months!

Chills

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
there will definitly be powerbook updates... but probably not until the holiday season or so.

mmm.. powerbook in the stocking.... very nice.

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Re: PowerBook

Originally posted by Mac2006
Im thinking about getting a powerbook but dont want to buy one yet if apple is going to realse a faster/better modle... if any one knows of anything coming out plz post!

Apple will release both a faster & a better model. I promise.

It will likely be within 6-9 months of whenever you purchase yours.

Mac2006

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2002
Texas
ha thats the truth everything always seems to come out better and faster right after you buy yours.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by chills
You should read my opinion in the New Predictions thread. I don't believe we will see a new PowerMac for at least 6 months!

Chills
Didn't you read Mac2006's question? He asked about a PowerBook update, not PowerMac :rolleyes:

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
What you need to do is think what you actually need. I decided that the 667 was what I needed for 2 years and I got it. I've had a smile on my face for 3 days now. If you don't need 1 Ghz, then don't get it cause it's going to cost through the roof (that is assuming that they eventually come out with a 1Ghz PB). My reccomendation tho, get as much RAM as you can afford, my system is starved of it constantly.

BEN

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
Originally posted by saabmp3
What you need to do is think what you actually need. I decided that the 667 was what I needed for 2 years and I got it. I've had a smile on my face for 3 days now. If you don't need 1 Ghz, then don't get it cause it's going to cost through the roof (that is assuming that they eventually come out with a 1Ghz PB). My reccomendation tho, get as much RAM as you can afford, my system is starved of it constantly.

BEN

Right on, get a 667. This is going to be more than enough power for most mobile computing. Unless you need to do a lot of high end graphics or video, this is going to work great. If really need the crunching power, your better off with a desktop as you get faster and larger drives, more slots for memory, etc.

A good rule of thumb is to get a model down from what you might think you need, pack it full of RAM with the cost difference, and you should be happy:D

dnte42

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Re: Re: PowerBook

Originally posted by Nipsy

Apple will release both a faster & a better model. I promise.

It will likely be within 6-9 months of whenever you purchase yours.

More likely 1-2 weeks, especially if you think you know what's going on. :p If Murphy (of Murphy's Law) really hates you, it'll be the next day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.