Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Hey..

I know this has been discussed before.. but i think this could be a real possibility:

the photos that we saw for the powermac about 1-2 weeks before the expo were real, in terms of the case, but not in terms of the mother board.

So heres what we know (i think..):

so we know that the powermacs, if they only had one processor, probably wouldnt be 1.25 ghz at the highest and 867 mhz at least because its specs would be too close to the imac, without much advantage...

so what if the photos were from a G5? i know this is wishful thinking, but what is your guys take on the whole thing?

im not really saying that something like this would be released in jan -- in fact i doubt it, because the just released the new case, but mayeb in mwny? or something..

and for you guys with the new g4s, what do the processors look like? can you see them under heatsinks? are their heatsinks? (or fans..) do they look like the leaked photos..?

i attached a picture of the processor from the leaked photos, and i "enhanced" it a tiny bit -- you can see the side of it, its got too much contrast.. but you can see it well enough..

-f[/f]

Attachments

• processor.jpg
    processor.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 930

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Don't read too much into a single picture of a prototype CPU daughtercard, not even the angle of the processor.

The simplest explanation is it'll be a 7455 @ 1.25 GHz, it has been a long time since the Apollo was released running at 1 GHz.

Heck if that was the case then the eMac would be the first mac to sport the new G5, and we know that's not the case.

Look at the CPU on the eMac motherboard.

Attachments

• emac.png
    emac.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 914

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Wasn't the chip on the motherboard at the 45 degree angle an nVidia nForce chip. On x86 boards, it's angled this way.

Rajj

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2002
32° 44' N 117° 10' W
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Don't read too much into a single picture of a prototype CPU daughtercard, not even the angle of the processor.

The simplest explanation is it'll be a 7455 @ 1.25 GHz, it has been a long time since the Apollo was released running at 1 GHz.

Heck if that was the case then the eMac would be the first mac to sport the new G5, and we know that's not the case.

Look at the CPU on the eMac motherboard.

Great photo:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.