Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larisa555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
I have an iMac with Sierra and microsoft office 2008. When I'm using powerpoint the program will freeze when I'm moving pictures or boxes around too quickly. If I move the images around slow enough, it seems to not freeze. The only way out of it once the spinning color wheel comes is to "force quit". I make sure to save my work VERY frequently because of this feature and its a nuisance. I've been reading forums for hours and I have found others with my issue. It seems that many have solved the issue by checking a box under the advanced settings regarding "graphics hardware acceleration". However, my ancient version of office (which I used to love) does not have this particular checkbox. I don't mind buying a new office program (2016)...but I am seeing that others are having issues with this one as well. My powerpoint worked well up until maybe 6 months ago. I have PLENTY of memory/RAM and storage on this computer and I have tried restarting numerous times. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 10.17.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 10.17.45 AM.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 380

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
MS just announced end of support for Office 2011, your version is clearly no longer supported.

I have been using 2016 on Sierra and now High Sierra, no real issues, though occasional things happen that clear with reboots.

larisa555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2017
MS just announced end of support for Office 2011, your version is clearly no longer supported.

I have been using 2016 on Sierra and now High Sierra, no real issues, though occasional things happen that clear with reboots.

Ok. I may just invest in the 2016 powerpoint/office, then, and pray the issue resolves. Theres nothing like loosing a couple slides you spent 20 minutes formatting to perfection. Thanks for that info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.