Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Until now, I've never realized the need for an anti glare film for the iPad, until I took it to a class room. :eek:

I have narrowed down the anti-glare choices down to 2:

RadTech ClearCal AntiGlare:
http://www.radtech.us/Products/clearcal-ipad-display-film.aspx

Powersupport AntiGlare:
http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad/anti-glare-film-set.html

Anyone have either of these and want to give out some advice please?

To me, Screen quality / clear-visibility is of utmost importance than glare reduction properties.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008
I have the PS AG protector on my iPad and really like it.

I find the visibility to be perfectly fine, but of course due to the AG surface it's not as absolutely sharp as without. but for me it's not an issue at all. my usage of the iPad includes watching videos, and storing/reviewing my photos while on the road. (I'll also say that I prefer my MacBook Pro with antiglare screen over the glossy version, too)

if visibility is the most important to you, I assume you know there's also a PS Crystal Film version? or is antiglare essential for you?

BTW, I have used both AG and crystal versions of PS protectors on various other devices - several iPhones & iPod touches, so I'm familiar with both types of PS films (some other brands too). because of the large size of the iPad screen, if I were to do it again I would still choose the PS AG film. the ease of perfect installation with the PS films is also a big plus for me. hope this info helps.

whocaresit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
I have the PS AG protector on my iPad and really like it.

I find the visibility to be perfectly fine, but of course due to the AG surface it's not as absolutely sharp as without. but for me it's not an issue at all. my usage of the iPad includes watching videos, and storing/reviewing my photos while on the road. (I'll also say that I prefer my MacBook Pro with antiglare screen over the glossy version, too)

if visibility is the most important to you, I assume you know there's also a PS Crystal Film version? or is antiglare essential for you?

BTW, I have used both AG and crystal versions of PS protectors on various other devices - several iPhones & iPod touches, so I'm familiar with both types of PS films (some other brands too). because of the large size of the iPad screen, if I were to do it again I would still choose the PS AG film. the ease of perfect installation with the PS films is also a big plus for me. hope this info helps.

Can you please share some up-close pics showing text with & without the PowerSupport AntiGlare film?
iPhone camera's resolution is fine :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.