Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I used a Powersupport privacy screen for my iPhone and I loved it because no one could spy on what I was doing. I am wondering if anyone uses the same privacy screen for their iPad? If so, what do you think of it? I am thinking of purchasing one.

Zodiak

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Gatineau, Qc, Canada
I used a Powersupport privacy screen for my iPhone and I loved it because no one could spy on what I was doing. I am wondering if anyone uses the same privacy screen for their iPad? If so, what do you think of it? I am thinking of purchasing one.

I dont see the use for me, unless your incredibly paranoid or are doing something you should probably be doing in private (banking/etc) but the big problem i see with these screens is, seeing as they diminish the amount of directional light comming from your screen, they darken the screen. Meaning that you have to crank your brightness up much higher then you normally would. So much so sometimes that it starts getting into your battery time.

jackwins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I dont see the use for me, unless your incredibly paranoid or are doing something you should probably be doing in private (banking/etc) but the big problem i see with these screens is, seeing as they diminish the amount of directional light comming from your screen, they darken the screen. Meaning that you have to crank your brightness up much higher then you normally would. So much so sometimes that it starts getting into your battery time.

I make and make comments to contracts, and view government docs on my iPad. When I travel, people are really intrigued by the iPad and naturally get nosey. I dont mind the screen darkening a little. I never needed to crank up the brightness for my iPhone when I have a privacey protector on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.