Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz145

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I'm running Windows and as far as I'm aware there is no way for me to use iCal, the only other thing I can use that will sync with the iPod Touch is Outlook, which I don't have.

As far as I'm aware, the only way for me to sync my Google Calendar to my iPod Touch is the following -

1. Get outlook
2. Use the free Google->Outlook sync tool
3. Sync my iPod Touch to Outlook through iTunes

As for Google Contacts, the only way I've found is -

1. Export as vCard from Google Contacts
2. Import to "Address Book" (an old crappy Windows accessory [start>acessories>address book])
3. Sync iPod Touch to Address Book through iTunes

Neither of these methods are very appealing and I was hoping some smart people have come up with some more flexible ways of doing things, can anyone point me in the right direction? So far I've been unable to find anything.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I'm running Windows and as far as I'm aware there is no way for me to use iCal, the only other thing I can use that will sync with the iPod Touch is Outlook, which I don't have.

As far as I'm aware, the only way for me to sync my Google Calendar to my iPod Touch is the following -

1. Get outlook
2. Use the free Google->Outlook sync tool
3. Sync my iPod Touch to Outlook through iTunes

As for Google Contacts, the only way I've found is -

1. Export as vCard from Google Contacts
2. Import to "Address Book" (an old crappy Windows accessory [start>acessories>address book])
3. Sync iPod Touch to Address Book through iTunes

http://WWW.BUSYMAC.COM

Download their BusySync 2.0 beta (current 2.0b7) which does an AMAZING job syncing google calendar with iCal. I use it to keep my 4 macs (2 desktops, 2 laptops) calendars all synced together utilizing a single google calendar account as the intermediary. Changes get to all the computers within 10 minutes and changes made on google OR on iCal propogate through the entire system.

Great great piece of software.

Benz145

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I'm running Windows XP, I don't own any Mac computers. I'm not about to go buy outlook just to sync my calendar through it. There aren't any programs for Windows that allow an iCal format sync if I remember correctly. I'm still looking for an Outlook-less solution to getting my calendar into my iPod Touch.

gazzzmoly

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
I'm running Windows XP, I don't own any Mac computers. I'm not about to go buy outlook just to sync my calendar through it. There aren't any programs for Windows that allow an iCal format sync if I remember correctly. I'm still looking for an Outlook-less solution to getting my calendar into my iPod Touch.

use yahoo calender that allows you to sync

Benz145

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
For calendar I use http://www.nemustech.com/iPhone/. This does OTA sync of iPhone & GCal. I don't think it does contacts though, just your GCal events (multiple calendars too).

Also, you need jailbreak & installer to use it

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. I wake up a few days ago and check my email, little did I know I was opening an email that would mark the beginning of the rest of my life...

No but seriously, I'm so glad you showed me this application it is amazing, and better than what I was asking for. Thank you 1000 times!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.