Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Using the Apple store app, I got pre-approved for an iPhone 11 thru Citizen's One bank for 24months 0% using my Apple Card.

My question:

Can I get another phone for my family member on my same loan pre-approved account without having to create a new loan ?
I don't want another credit hard pull ....

3% back each month on 2 monthly payments sounds better too.....

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Yes, however no one can tell you 100% that they won’t pull your credit again... they might, but the chance is slim to none.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Got off the phone with Citizen's One Loan after bouncing around different people....

For each phone, a separate application online must be made.

The rep said that a credit pull may not be asked for a second phone if I apply within a few days of the first application.

She said that when she looked at my account where I paid off the old iPhone 7+ last year, "it would be no problem" to add a second phone...

Apple14250

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
So two separate applications but can these have just one payment? Trying to put my wife’s and mine on the same plan.

Reactions: TonyC28

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
So two separate applications but can these have just one payment? Trying to put my wife’s and mine on the same plan.

No, not possible. It’ll be two separate payments drawn from the card you put on file when filling out the application. If you get both phones delivered on the same date, both payments will be drawn on the same date. You can add each loan into the citizen one portal to “manage” them both.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Once you’ve been pre-approved, can you change the phone model? More specifically the color.

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Once you’ve been pre-approved, can you change the phone model? More specifically the color.

No; it specifically stated this before you “confirmed” your preorder. You’ll have to fight to change it Friday morning. Good luck with doing that and getting the phone of your choice on launch day.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
No; it specifically stated this before you “confirmed” your preorder. You’ll have to fight to change it Friday morning. Good luck with doing that and getting the phone of your choice on launch day.
‘Didn’t think so. Unless i cancel the loan and start a new one?

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Yes, once pre-approved you can still change model, color, storage capacity.
The pre-approval gives you an open loan check for one (1) phone.
[doublepost=1568233486][/doublepost]
Yes, I will be doing 2 Citizen's One loans - one for me and one for my son.
I will be paying BOTH loans using the same method of payment - Apple Card - to get the 3% cash back too...

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
How are you able to pre-order a second phone using the app? I just don't want to override my current pre order.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
How are you able to pre-order a second phone using the app? I just don't want to override my current pre order.
Have multiple devices? Or after you pre order the first one, go back and do another one. I have favorited the model that I want so after I pre order the one on iup I’ll be going to my favorites and be ordering the sim free model.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Yes, go back to the Apple store app and choose another phone with the phone number being replaced.
Once approved, you will have 2 pre-approvals allowing you to pre-order 2 this Friday.

Reactions: PlainEnvelopes

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I did three and only got one inquiry. Now my question is, if I have three preapprovals but only want two of them, do I add each of the two I want to my order at preorder, or do all three get added, and I can delete one somehow?

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I did three and only got one inquiry. Now my question is, if I have three preapprovals but only want two of them, do I add each of the two I want to my order at preorder, or do all three get added, and I can delete one somehow?
This is GOOD news to hear only one credit pull for 3 phone loans.
If you only get 2 phones, after 3 days, the third unused preapproval goes null & void.
See second paragraph:
GigGSg.png

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Yes, go back to the Apple store app and choose another phone with the phone number being replaced.
Once approved, you will have 2 pre-approvals allowing you to pre-order 2 this Friday.
How do you change the phone number to one other than the device you’re on? My Apple store app is defaulting to my number (I’ve already done my pre-approval) and won’t let me change it to my wife’s number so I can get pre-approved for hers.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
How do you change the phone number to one other than the device you’re on? My Apple store app is defaulting to my number (I’ve already done my pre-approval) and won’t let me change it to my wife’s number so I can get pre-approved for hers.
I have a family plan and I can choose the person that is getting the iPhone by entering that other person's phone number - so I am not following.
Is this carrier based ?

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I have a family plan and I can choose the person that is getting the iPhone by entering that other person's phone number - so I am not following.
Is this carrier based ?
Never mind. I had to pick buy a new phone to add a second one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.