Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hwi1s0n

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2021
Hi-
I have one video tape of the kids 28 years ago playable on the above camera (which has Firewire and "USB streaming" if I understand correctly) I'd like to digitize on one of my Macs. The only one with FireWire left is running 10.6.8 and although I've tried many hacks I still can't get an early enough version of iMovie installed. I'm happy to go a different route if anyone has any other ideas. The cam has the two aforementioned ports plus Svideo. Happy to send a little Venmo love if someone can figure this out 🤣

Cheers

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
I have used the Elgato Video Capture for VHS tapes with success. I think it has an S-Video port so it should work with that camera.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
The only one with FireWire left is running 10.6.8 and although I've tried many hacks I still can't get an early enough version of iMovie installed
Strange. All Macs come with iMovie already installed.

You can get a copy of iLife 09 on Ebay. That will have iMovie09(v10) with it.

Ebay UK

Ebay USA

Tigger11

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
Rocket City, USA
Hi-
I have one video tape of the kids 28 years ago playable on the above camera (which has Firewire and "USB streaming" if I understand correctly) I'd like to digitize on one of my Macs. The only one with FireWire left is running 10.6.8 and although I've tried many hacks I still can't get an early enough version of iMovie installed. I'm happy to go a different route if anyone has any other ideas. The cam has the two aforementioned ports plus Svideo. Happy to send a little Venmo love if someone can figure this out 🤣

Cheers
I have a working firewire computer I could take the video off the tape and put it up for you on my icloud. That isnt an ideal situation but if end up not being able to get it some other way, its an offer that would just cost you shipping to me of the camera and tape and shipping cost back. Welcome to the site.
-Tig

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.