Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

05elstonc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Miami
When do you think Apple will start selling HD content in the iTunes store? I used to think it was going to be a long ways off due to stingy content providers fear of unleashing HD quality content into the wild. Now that Microsoft has cut some great deals with their Xbox Live marketplace, which is tiny in comparison to iTunes I am feeling more confident HD is in our near future. Now that AppleTV is finally out Apple has to know people will be wondering why it is so "HD Centric" if the main source of content, iTunes, is not HD yet. I say within 60 days we will see select HD TV shows and Films on iTunes. What do you think?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
In the USA, I think a lot sooner than that.

In the UK, it seems that TV shows are a ways off, but movies may be just around the corner.

zoetropeuk

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2002
Oxford UK
In the USA, I think a lot sooner than that.

In the UK, it seems that TV shows are a ways off, but movies may be just around the corner.

I don't think UK TV shows are that far off at all. A few weeks a go they had a season of "Bad Girls" in the US iTMS TV show section. When you clicked any of the links it errored out saying this content is not available in the US store. A few days later it was removed. So Apple are obviously in the process of converting UK content.

Matt

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
I have never bought a movie from iTMS.

I'd rather BUY movies at 1080p on disc, but when iTMS does offer 720p content I really hope it's rentable. I'd be all over that.

logandzwon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
I have never bought a movie from iTMS.

I'd rather BUY movies at 1080p on disc, but when iTMS does offer 720p content I really hope it's rentable. I'd be all over that.

Same here. I'd love to "rent" 720p movies over iTunes/AppleTV.

TimV

macrumors member
May 15, 2005
Same here. I'd love to "rent" 720p movies over iTunes/AppleTV.

Ditto.

I'd like to be able to rent 720p movies from iTunes via AppleTV, as well. I'm thinking $1.99 is a good price.

If I'm going to buy a movie, though, I want it to be on a prepackaged disc format, ala HD DVD or Blu-ray Disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.