Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duckit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
NJ, USA
I want to preorder Simcity, but I only see the Windows version available. Does anyone know when will I be able to preorder the game?

avemestr

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2012
Why would you pre-order the game?

With digital distribution, it's not like you have to fear that you won't get one of the boxes delivered by the first truck.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
http://www.macgamestore.com/product/2485/SimCity-Limited-Edition/

Though since the game will be accessed on Origin for both platforms, I imagine you will be able to download the PC and Mac versions regardless. Don't know for sure though.

EA has or is coming out with an Origin client for Mac? I was not aware of that nor a new Sim City coming out. Sounds good although I hope the client is optional. I'd like to have the option to just go with the app store, etc. if I want. Still, Mac support from EA is good news.

Last edited:

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
EA has or is coming out with an Origin client for Mac? I was not aware of that nor a new Sim City coming out. Sounds good although I hope the client is optional. I'd like to have the option to just go with the app store, etc. if I want. Still, Mac support from EA is good news.

Origin won't be optional, though I don't know if you'll need it running alongside the game or not. Hopefully you'll just need to use it for download/installation.

Why would you pre-order the game?

With digital distribution, it's not like you have to fear that you won't get one of the boxes delivered by the first truck.

If you care for the preorder bonuses, or find a good deal.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
I hope Origin hits Mac, not because I particularly like it but rather because many of the games I registered on Origin are dual format games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.