Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordTyroxx

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hey. I've been thinking about getting a mac for presentations. This seems to be the one to get. I need some help though. There would be a total of 4 screen attached to the Mac Mini. 2 monitors would be 150+ feet from the mac mini and will mirror each other. there will be another monitor a little bit closer probably be 20 feet displaying an extended screen. A monitor will also be displayed next to the mac mini displaying another extended screen.

is this even possible and what are all the adapters i need for the screens?

ADent

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
You need to talk to a video export on running the 150 foot mirrored screens and getting a good signal. Theoretically a DVI splitter and an active repeater should give good results.

As for 3 separate video outputs - the easiest would be a USB video card thing. They aren't great for video, but work. Otherwise you can use a DualHead2Go to split the signal, if you are not running large monitors.

Any chance of using a remote mini for the 150 feet away setup? You can use screen sharing or such to monitor it from the local mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.