Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Just downloaded ios11. When I press the home button to use another app, the current app minimizes with an animation and it makes me dizzy to see my home screen wallpaper move as well as in it expands and shrinks to its normal size. I don't like that feeling. Before with iOS 10, the home screen wallpaper doesn't animate by expanding and shrinking. I even have perspective turned off.

Anything to avoid that or change setting

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Settings - General - Accessibility - Reduce Motion

When you say you have perspective turned off I'm assuming you mean just on your wallpaper. Turning the Reduce Motion option on will reduce these kinds of zooming motions and other animations throughout iOS.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just downloaded ios11. When I press the home button to use another app, the current app minimizes with an animation and it makes me dizzy to see my home screen wallpaper move as well as in it expands and shrinks to its normal size. I don't like that feeling. Before with iOS 10, the home screen wallpaper doesn't animate by expanding and shrinking. I even have perspective turned off.

Anything to avoid that or change setting
Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

Reactions: friednoodles

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
THanks so much, that fixed it. Man I felt so dizzy switching to different apps prior to that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.