Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Seems like every time I get into my car, and hook up my phone to the CarPlay, music from my phone starts playing (wasn't playing prior to getting into the car).

Any way to prevent this? Is it remembering what I was playing 2 days ago when I used the CarPlay? If so, whats the remedy? Close the music app completely before disconnecting phone from CarPlay?

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
I don’t like car play unless I’m going on a long trip. So I have the navigation on a bigger screen and my battery won’t be dead from not being plugged in.

But just friendly advice you’re adding extra unneeded charge cycles to your battery health by always charging you’re phone. Maybe I would use it more if we had the option to toggle if it charges or not while plugged in

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I don’t like car play unless I’m going on a long trip. So I have the navigation on a bigger screen and my battery won’t be dead from not being plugged in.

But just friendly advice you’re adding extra unneeded charge cycles to your battery health by always charging you’re phone. Maybe I would use it more if we had the option to toggle if it charges or not while plugged in

Ok.....

Anyone able to help with the question asked?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Ok.....

I used to work for a vehicle manufacturer and the engineers there indicated that the issue arose from the Apple side. There is no known way of preventing music from playing, either through CarPlay or Bluetooth on vehicle startup. The best solution is to download the song I’ve pasted below, which is nothing but silence for about two minutes. However, because of its name, it will always be the first thing to play.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-a-a-a-a-very-good-song-silent-track/1268932999?i=1268933000

imac wannabe

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Appleton, WI
Ok.....

I have an aftermarket radio that supports Carplay. If my source is left on "Bluetooth Audio" the da*n music starts playing at startup or after a phone call is completed. Crazy annoying! But, if I leave it in "Ipod" as the source everything works as I need it too but the music never just starts until I tell it too. Hope that helps.

Paul

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I have the same problem. It's annoying. Not only that, but if I surf to a web page or use an app that has audio, music will automatically begin playing after the audio.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I used to work for a vehicle manufacturer and the engineers there indicated that the issue arose from the Apple side. There is no known way of preventing music from playing, either through CarPlay or Bluetooth on vehicle startup. The best solution is to download the song I’ve pasted below, which is nothing but silence for about two minutes. However, because of its name, it will always be the first thing to play.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-a-a-a-a-very-good-song-silent-track/1268932999?i=1268933000

I don't know what is more brilliant. The simple genius of this idea, or the fact they managed to charge .99 for silence. LOL! Seriously, no sarcasm here, I love this!

Reactions: gwhizkids
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.