Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Meaning the time before the screen switches off?

Try 20 Second Lockscreen. I think it was last updated for iOS 7 but it works under iOS 9.

If it does not work for you try DimMe. They just updated for iOS 10.

Reactions: HankHowdy

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Meaning the time before the screen switches off?

Try 20 Second Lockscreen. I think it was last updated for iOS 7 but it works under iOS 9.

If it does not work for you try DimMe. They just updated for iOS 10.

Does 20 Second LockScreen have an option to remove the timer?

I installed Activator, but no dice.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Does 20 Second LockScreen have an option to remove the timer?

I installed Activator, but no dice.
20 Second Lockscreen gives you a set time range before the screen will shut off when you go to the lockscreen. It does not disable anything that prevents the screen from shutting off.

I don't believe DimMe allows that either. I don't know of any other tweak that would allow you to lock your phone and keep the screen on.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
20 Second Lockscreen gives you a set time range before the screen will shut off when you go to the lockscreen. It does not disable anything that prevents the screen from shutting off.

I don't believe DimMe allows that either. I don't know of any other tweak that would allow you to lock your phone and keep the screen on.

I bought DimMe and it does just what I want. When connected to AC power the LockScreen can be left on. Very convenient for me while listening to music while driving. I have my phone mounted to a vent. My car stereo doesn't have a really good display.

Thank you Erik.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I bought DimMe and it does just what I want. When connected to AC power the LockScreen can be left on. Very convenient for me while listening to music while driving. I have my phone mounted to a vent. My car stereo doesn't have a really good display.

Thank you Erik.
No problem! Didn't realize it did this. I generally have used it for only one specific purpose (dimming the screen when unlocked) so I've not explored very well it's other options.

Glad to see it does what you want though!

PS. Watch your battery. I uninstalled it at one point because I noticed my battery was draining faster than normal. That may just be my setup but IDK. YMMV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.