Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baconstripss

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Hi folks

Recently my Preview on my MacBook Pro has begun doing this insanely annoying, weird "flickering". It makes it impossible for me to read texts and is generally just really annoying.

It does it every time Preview either auto saves or when I save manually.

In class the other day, I noticed my friends older MacBook Air did the same thing.

I'm working with a Macbook Pro 13" TB 2016.

I uploaded a video showing the problem:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just noticed there is an available update 10.12.3. Will update as soon as possible and update thread if it solves the issue
EDIT2: Updated to 10.12.3. Same issue.

Last edited:

kevo0822

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
New England
Hi folks

Recently my Preview on my MacBook Pro has begun doing this insanely annoying, weird "flickering". It makes it impossible for me to read texts and is generally just really annoying.

It does it every time Preview either auto saves or when I save manually.

In class the other day, I noticed my friends older MacBook Air did the same thing.

I'm working with a Macbook Pro 13" TB 2016.

I uploaded a video showing the problem:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just noticed there is an available update 10.12.3. Will update as soon as possible and update thread if it solves the issue
There's been a series of issues with PDFs/Preview from the start of macOS 10.12... The most recent betas of 10.12.4 are said to include improved PDF frameworks... haven't installed the beta myself, so I can't confirm if this issue and all the other PDF issues are fixed.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have seen the same on 10.12.3 on my MacBook 12", hoping for some improvements in the next release. For now it's an annoyance but not a show-stopper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.