Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Miki4G

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
Hi everybody, I have noticed that the preview mp3 cover artwork icon is disappeared in finder: I just can see a blank standard icon with a note. I tried everything, deleting and putting back preview in get info, changing open with by default, and even reinstalling iTunes ; this last option seemed to solve the problem, but only temporary: after a reboot the issue comes back again.
Making a Google search pulls out it is an old problem also with others Mac OS.
Anyone has found a solution? It would be very much appreciated! Bye

the3ye

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
It was discussed in the bugs thread. Looks like it's a common problem and there's no fix for it at the moment. Report it to Apple. That's all we can do about it right now.

pperquin

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2017
hi,

have you try to install itunes 12.6.3 for me it seem to solve the problem

regards,

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Mine started to come back with new saves last night out of no where, but I think it was because the source of the save was a network drive. I think it has something to do with APFS drives.

yellowscreen

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2015
Mine started to come back with new saves last night out of no where, but I think it was because the source of the save was a network drive. I think it has something to do with APFS drives.
it happens to me and im not on apfs.

Miki4G

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2017
Italy
I will try to install 12.6.3, but I have a question... do I have first to uninstall 12.7 and then install the older one or can I mount it over the newer one? Please let me know, thanks!

Michele

the3ye

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
what is wrong with them? confirmed working on one build, and the next one broke it again?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.