Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Apple has had Retina display Macs since... 2013??... and they STILL haven't fixed the Preview app's failure to show 100%-scaled images as 1 pixel per one pixel. It shows them blown up somewhat. Yes, I have checked the setting in Preview's preferences, and NO, it has no effect. It defeats the point of a preview app. How am I supposed to know when an image has been scaled beyond its original dimensions if Preview won't show images at 1-to-1 pixels?

I've seen people post about this regarding High Sierra... so, two more major revisions of the OS and Apple haven't bothered to fix this broken app. WTF is wrong with Apple and their continued refusal to FIX LONG STANDING BUGS?

This is my first exposure to a Retina Mac (my girlfriend's new 13" MacBook Pro), and I am APPALLED at the continued situation with BASIC functionality being BROKEN in Apple's software. All in the name of the most speedy release of the next product to sell us, right??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.