Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heernan133

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2022
Hi! Since yesterday I'm having an issue with my Macbook Air Early 2015 with BigSur: it shuts down unexepectly. I can't work more than 2 minutes with it. I tried resetting the SMC. I also changed the battery last year. When I run the log in the terminal (as explained in other forums and pages) it says "previous shutdown cause 0"; I've read and this code is for power problems (battery damage or drivers problems). Do you know what it could be? Thank you very much.

vinivasq

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2022
I’m having that same problem and it keeps shutting off after a wile even with de battery disconnected, so I don’t think it’s battery related. My power button isn’t working as well so I can’t perform an SMC reset properly. I’m also running Big Sur via Patched Sur but I’ve been using it for about 7 months and no problems so far, it would shut off once in a while but now i can’t get more then 10/15 minutes before the MacBook shuts off with no warning or error showing up onde the reboot, and it’s always a previous shutdown cause: 0 Que I run the logs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.