Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamesetmatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Palm Springs, CA, USA
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question: my installation went smooth. However I noticed that I cannot delete the "Previous System" folder.

I moved it to the Trash, and when try to empty it, it says that there are some files in use.

Is there a way to permanently delete it? (When I click on Get Info, it says that the folder has zer bytes, but there must be some hidden files in it).

Any ideas on how to delete it? Will it damage my system in doing so?

Thanks a lot!

--
Mark

gamesetmatch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Palm Springs, CA, USA
Open terminal

Code:
rm -r <drag folder into window>

Thanks a lot... but it didn't work... I receive the following message:

override rw-r--r-- root/wheel schg for /Previous System/private/var/vm/sleepimage?

If I type "y", it says "operation not permitted".

I may be doing something wrong, I guess.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Thanks a lot... but it didn't work... I receive the following message:

override rw-r--r-- root/wheel schg for /Previous System/private/var/vm/sleepimage?

If I type "y", it says "operation not permitted".

I may be doing something wrong, I guess.

Probably need to turn off 'Rootless' first.

oscarodas

macrumors regular
May 7, 2013
Sydney Australia
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question: my installation went smooth. However I noticed that I cannot delete the "Previous System" folder.

I moved it to the Trash, and when try to empty it, it says that there are some files in use.

Is there a way to permanently delete it? (When I click on Get Info, it says that the folder has zer bytes, but there must be some hidden files in it).

Any ideas on how to delete it? Will it damage my system in doing so?

Thanks a lot!

--
Mark
Hi I tried the command and it worked,
rm -r I did left two spaces after the command and dragged the folder, then answered y all the time more than a 100 times, maybe it asks to confirm every single time that an item inside the folders is about to be erased?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.