Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
.... money money money .....

Sadly, due to the cheap price of the iMac it destroied the priceing of Second Hand Macs, I would not pay more than $200 if that.

Check out online auctions.

Guy

Disdain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
When you say $200 do you mean US$200?

I have no idea what collectors pay for that kind of stuff. I will have to try and get it off my brother hopefully he has not thrown it out or smashed it or anything.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
i tried to give away a performa 600

...but no one would take it

...i also tried to give away a quadra but no one would take that either so i now use it for teaching purposes for my computer class

if you are lucky, you could get 200 if there is a collector looking for it, but an original imac is only 600+

akuma

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2001
Maybe not that much

After looking around and seeing some prices, I think I'm gonna take back my statements.

Some older macs will fetch a lot of money but only big "collector's items" like say the lisa ( http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1295284406 ).

A guy here at my work wants US$100.00 for a powermac 7200 (with a monitor). So you'll be lucky to get US$200.00 for a performa 400.

Sorry, :(

[Edited by akuma on 11-14-2001 at 12:54 PM]

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
noooooooo dont sell the performa.
I still have a performa 450, and i luv it. I still play exile, realmz etc.
Its a nice toy.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
by the way, do you mean any rev.a imac jef?
Or is there an original imac i do not know about.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
revision a

$649.00 in the back of macworld a couple of months ago for a 233 MHz revision a

the later ones without that hard to open side door seem to bring in more money and the slot loading ones hold their value pretty well...for now

...but wait until MWSF and if they come out with the rumored LDC imac...then all imacs of old will go way down in price...i wouldn't mind getting a used, older imac since i am not a graphics person/dv editor (some of who go for the G4)

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Earlier

Earlier I mean $200, personally I would not pay more that £100 for it. In England we can get the Rev. A iMac (233 Bondi) for £320.

Thanks,
Guy Wickenden

Disdain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
I wouldn't sell it some of the older comps are cool because you need them to play some games as they don't run on the new ones.

I like lots of the old games they are fun to play, especially when it is on an ancient machine it is nice to see something last so long.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
A footrest??? show some respect to the old timers.
My performa is great, i love it. Infact i love most old computers. BBC micro is my fave.

I saw a rev.a on ebay for £250. Should be a collectors item a long way in the future, i hope.

Disdain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
I know I will be holding on to mine for a few more years, hopefully in 10 years the old macs and original iMacs could really be worth something. If not to collectors to museums?

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
UK

Anybody in the UK might be interested:

There is an old computer museum somewhere in Sussex, its got a site, but not sure where it is.

Guy

SPG

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
The footrest is destined to become what I guess you could call an art installation when I move into my new house in a couple weeks. I'm thinking of using it to display some graphics and animations. Right now there is nowhere else to put it.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Macintosh 128

I'm looking for a fully working Macintosh 128 as a collector's item...

anyone know what they go for in excellent to mint condition?

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
I've got a rev. a imac, and thought there would be good chance for it being a collected item, but just think how many of those apple sold! there is really no way it could be something like a rare LISA or something.. there are millions of them floating around!

I don't know, i sure wouldn't mind seeing it's value go up, but I'm just giving mine to my girlfriend because she needs a computer to type papers on.

I think I will buy the new LCD iMac just to have like a nice pair of originals...

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
he he .... just a thought

can you imagine a pc user doing that with like an old compaq or something!? it just doesn't happen!

There is just so much more to appreciate in a Mac than say a box of electrical parts with a name like Compaq or Dell or whatever else on it.

Disdain

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2001
Australia
yeah, with apple apple makes apple with pc's 12 year olds make them in their back yard, qaulity or qauntity

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.