Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

curdy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
The Prime Video app on my 3rd gen 4K Apple TV boxes updated yesterday and Enhanced Dialogue via my 2nd gen HomePods as the audio output no longer works on the Prime Video app. It still works just fine on other streaming apps such as Netflix and Crave. It seems to be something that Amazon included in their update of the Prime Video app. I have tried the usual troubleshooting such as restarting all devices and deleting and re-installing the Prime Video app.

I contacted Amazon tonight and they were unaware of the issue and honestly didn’t seem too familiar with what I meant. They kept referring to Dialogue Boost (which I looked up and is a Prime Video feature for speakers other than HomePods). In the end she suggested I contact Apple as she thought it was an issue with the Apple TV box or my HomePods. I believe it to be something in the update of the Prime Video app.

However, the Enhanced Dialogue has only stopped working on just the Prime Video app and only since it updated yesterday. I also checked my second Apple TV box which is also hooked up to 2nd gen HomePods as the audio output and the same issue occurs, and again only the Prime Video app that also was updated yesterday. Prior to this update yesterday, Prime Video app worked wonderfully with Enhanced Dialogue on both Apple TV boxes.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

curdy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
BC, Canada
Bumping this back up as it seems even though the Prime Video app has been updated a few times since my original post, I still have to increase the volume much more than prior to mid December on Prime vs Netflix when using Enhanced Dialogue.

Anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.